“How Optimum met Telenor”
Telenor, one of the world's largest mobile telecommunications companies with operations worldwide and a prominent presence in Pakistan, is a valued customer of Optimum Technology. When the client planned a Network Operations Centre where there was a need of state-of-the-art facilities of Large Format Displays, Optimum Technology was the digital signage company that bagged the tender.
Digital Signage technologies for an upscale environment – inside and out
Date: Year 2016
Absen N2.5 SMD LED, Samsung UH55F LCD Videowall, Samsung QM49P-F & QM65P-F Displays
“Knowing the customer is pleasing the customer.”
To get an indepth insight into the clients’ needs, a series of meetings and surveys were conducted by the Optimum team with the goal to equip the Telenor Network Operations Centre with a range of superior quality Large Format Displays for monitoring their operations, to facilitate official meetings and create a lasting impact on visitors.
“With every problem come a range of solutions; yet which solution is right for you?”
The streamlined solution provided by the Optimum team after a through understanding of the project led to the following installations:
- An Absen N2 model of 30X20 feet SMD LED videowall with pixel pitch of 2 mm, brightness of a 1000 units and colour temperature of 7500 K for the Telenor reception that mesmerized visitors and left a lasting impression. Thus manifested Optimum’s first project in Pakistan with such dimensions and specifications.
The project was bolstered by the added expertise of a Chinese engineering team and the metalwork was achieved by Karachi Metal Workshop.
LCD Videowall: LCD displays are the perfect solution for tiled video wall applications in control rooms, corporate lobbies, experience centers, brand showrooms, broadcast studios and large meeting rooms. This signage technology is an aesthetic innovation in terms of image quality, installation time, ease-of-servicing, and reliability.
SMD LED Videowall: SMD or surface-mount device light-emitting diode modules use Surface-Mount Technology for displaying high definition commercial and private display of images or videos of a brand. Indoor SMD screens are specially designed only for indoor purposes to be used in conference halls and lobbies whereas outdoor LED Screens preforms in any weather condition.
Commercial LED Display: Commercial-grade displays are specifically designed to meet the needs of various businesses in a variety of environments, ensuring content and information comes across as intended. These displays offer clean, symmetrical lines and sometimes and are ideal for high traffic points designed to designed to simultaneously display both broadcast TV and promotional content.
SMD LED Videowall:
“What’s a project without a few curveballs?”
- The wall bearing the huge 30×20 feet SMD LED videowall was specially treated to be able to safely bear the weight of the digital installation without disturbing the facade.
- An extra transformer was installed to bear the power load of the SMD LED videowall.
- A revised HVAC plan was proposed and executed to ensure the resolution of the thermal dissipation issue created by the installation.
- The placement of the videowall was kept at a perfect visual angle of 60/40 to ensure that the eyesight and other health concerns of the reception employees are not adversely affected.